Available From £183,715
- 1 double bedroom
- Entrance hall and storage
- Ideal first-time home or holiday let
- Potential for future extensions
- Vaulted Ceiling
- Open-plan kichen/living/dining
- Shower room
- Air Source Heat Pump
- Underfloor Heating
- 2.5kW Solar Voltaic Panels
The R1 is the only single-storey, one-bedroom R.HOUSE home with a pitched roof. It's contemporary design draws inspiration from the traditional Scottish longhouse and is part of our Classic Range. Due to it's narrow form, it adapts easily to site conditions, sitting comfortably in the landscape and allows every room to get the view. It is a perfect holiday home, or equally suited as a permanent home. Should you want additional living space this timber-framed house's simple form allows easy conversion and extension.
The vaulted full-height ceiling follows the roofline maximising the vertical space in the house, elevating the feeling of openness and allowing for that wow factor as you arrive. They can also accommodate larger furnishings, including statement pieces of art and elaborate light fixtures that would look out of place with a lower, flat ceiling.
The R1 open-plan living space has full-height glazing on two sides to maximise solar heat gain and views.
The one-bedroom layout includes an entrance hallway, ample storage, a spacious family bathroom, a separate large double bedroom and an open-plan kitchen/living/dining space. All rooms have the vaulted ceiling creating space and light throughout.
The advertised price* for an R.HOUSE sustainable home includes the following:
- The R.HOUSE design
- A set of Standard Specifications (build materials and interior/exterior fixtures and fittings)
- Our complete Turnkey Service.
We take care of everything from the construction of the chosen house design, project management from planning application to completion and an additional six-month period of defects liability beyond that.
*Our prices assume your build site is within Skye and Lochalsh. If your site is outside this area, please let us know so we can advise you of additional costs.
Depending on your build site location and individual requirements, some items vary in cost, including:
- Statutory Consent Fees, typically planning permission and building warrant fees. Other consents may be required depending on the nature of your site.
- Site works, e.g., site clearance, excavation, importing fill, creating accesses, drainage system, service connection charges/ trenching, etc.
- Upgrades (see below) to the standard specifications (including kitchen and bathroom), internal design changes, extensions, etc.
We work with you to give upfront provisional costs on these items at our Budget Quote stage so you can plan your budget.
Yes! No two R.HOUSES are the same! Talk to us about your vision for your dream home, and we will advise on options/possibilities, additional costs and any implications on the timescale.
If you’re looking for something in particular, and can’t see it in our R.HOUSE range, talk to us about our Bespoke Design and Build Service.
Customise your R.HOUSE
- Natural slate roof coverings
- Adding a porch/utility extension
- Flipping or mirroring your chosen design to take full advantage of your site
- Making internal alterations, e.g., open plan ground floor, adding an ensuite, splitting a downstairs bedroom (excluding R1) into two bedrooms, etc.
- Fitting fixed floor coverings, e.g., floor tiles, engineered flooring, etc.
- Upgrading the specification of the kitchen
- Upgrading the bathroom specification, including sanitary appliances, fittings and wall tiling
- Upgrading the windows, e.g., adding a window(s) or upgrading the window specification to triple glazing
- Including the internal decoration in the construction works
- Installing a wood-burning stove
Talk to us about your vision for your dream home, and we will advise on options/possibilities, additional costs and any implications on the timescale.
WHAT OUR CLIENTS SAY
A huge thank you to R.HOUSE for helping my dreams become a reality! You guys were wonderful to work with!
Matt Millward, R2.5, Achnacree Bay
The most exciting thing we’ve ever done! Everything is better than we could have expected. We would definitely recommend R.HOUSE to others!
Jamie and Elaine, RF2 Enhanced, Holmisdale