Available From £255,335
- 2 double bedrooms
- Kitchen/dining room
- Living room
- Entrance hall and storage
- Downstairs WC and washbasin
- Central stairs
- Ideal first-time home or holiday let
- Vaulted bedroom ceiling
- Family bathroom
- Air Source Heat Pump
- Underfloor Heating
- 2.5kW Solar Voltaic Panels
The R2 part of our Classic Range is based on a traditional ‘two up, two down’ home. It is a wonderful option for the first-time buyer as the house layout is deliberately simple to keep construction costs down. The house has an efficient central core comprising the downstairs WC, storage and stairs and the upstairs bathroom.
As with all R.HOUSE designs, the R2 benefits from high insulation and air tightness. The R2 can add an additional lean-to-living space to form an R2.5. Other extension options include an entrance porch and utility space.
The ground floor layout includes the main living spaces with a kitchen/dining space to one side of the central stairs and a living room to the other. Both benefit from full-height glazing to maximise views and solar heat gain.
Ground Floor Area55.4m2
Upstairs is a large family bathroom and two double bedrooms with 3.3m vaulted ceilings. Large rooflights provide natural light and views.
First Floor Area52.7m2
The advertised price* for an R.HOUSE sustainable home includes the following:
- The R.HOUSE design
- A set of Standard Specifications (build materials and interior/exterior fixtures and fittings)
- Our complete Turnkey Service.
We take care of everything from the construction of the chosen house design, project management from planning application to completion and an additional six-month period of defects liability beyond that.
*Our prices assume your build site is within Skye and Lochalsh. If your site is outside this area, please let us know so we can advise you of additional costs.
Depending on your build site location and individual requirements, some items vary in cost, including:
- Statutory Consent Fees, typically planning permission and building warrant fees. Other consents may be required depending on the nature of your site.
- Site works, e.g., site clearance, excavation, importing fill, creating accesses, drainage system, service connection charges/ trenching, etc.
- Upgrades (see below) to the standard specifications (including kitchen and bathroom), internal design changes, extensions, etc.
We work with you to give upfront provisional costs on these items at our Budget Quote stage so you can plan your budget.
Yes! No two R.HOUSES are the same! Talk to us about your vision for your dream home, and we will advise on options/possibilities, additional costs and any implications on the timescale.
If you’re looking for something in particular, and can’t see it in our R.HOUSE range, talk to us about our Bespoke Design and Build Service.
Customise your R.HOUSE
- Natural slate roof coverings
- Adding a porch/utility extension
- Flipping or mirroring your chosen design to take full advantage of your site
- Making internal alterations, e.g., open plan ground floor, adding an ensuite, splitting a downstairs bedroom (excluding R1) into two bedrooms, etc.
- Fitting fixed floor coverings, e.g., floor tiles, engineered flooring, etc.
- Upgrading the specification of the kitchen
- Upgrading the bathroom specification, including sanitary appliances, fittings and wall tiling
- Upgrading the windows, e.g., adding a window(s) or upgrading the window specification to triple glazing
- Including the internal decoration in the construction works
- Installing a wood-burning stove
Talk to us about your vision for your dream home, and we will advise on options/possibilities, additional costs and any implications on the timescale.
WHAT OUR CLIENTS SAY
A huge thank you to R.HOUSE for helping my dreams become a reality! You guys were wonderful to work with!
Matt Millward, R2.5, Achnacree Bay
The most exciting thing we’ve ever done! Everything is better than we could have expected. We would definitely recommend R.HOUSE to others!
Jamie and Elaine, RF2 Enhanced, Holmisdale